Running is all mental....

I'm either crazy or insane!

Two weeks from today I will be running the Pocatello 1/2 Marathon. I have been following an abbreviated 5 week training schedule that has me running 25+ miles a week. 3-4 miles on most days and longer runs (6-8 miles) on Wednesdays and last Saturday was 10 miles and today was 12 miles. Jane and the kids surprised me (and made the run totally worth all the effort) by waking up and looking for me to finish. They also held out a finish line tape and cheered me on to the finish. Next Saturday is a breeze with a nice 8-9 mile run and then it's just a recovery week getting ready for the race.

5 comments:

Brett & Dyana Valdez said...

We saw the kids getting ready for you with the tape. That is funny...and you are crazy! Maybe if it were on a bike.

Annalisa said...

WOW, 1/2 marathon is GREAT!!! congrats!!

Annalisa said...

hope the race goes well. p.s. my calendar says its jane's birthday...true?!

lackrik said...

That's awesome!!! Good for you!

Brian said...

i wish i was running by you for this race. maybe next summer.